Friday, September 28, 2012

Pamper My Season

Here at Pamper My Style we want to inspire you to pamper all areas of your life.  With the guidance of lifestylist, Pam Pollak - we want to share with you the little tips, tricks and products on how to live life luxuriously.  So, make yourself a cup of your favorite tea, sit back and relax as we journey into the world of all things pampered.

❤ Pamper My Season ❤

Hello to all my #pamperedproteges!  I am SO excited for this weeks blog post where we are going to be talking all things fall!  Afterall, it's the perfect time to pamper yourself.  It's when the revolving door of guests stop heading out to the Hamptons....when I get my throws, boots and sweaters out of storage and it's when I can start sipping on my favorite pampered beverages like hot apple cider, pumpkin hot chocolate and - best of all - hot toddies (recipes below)!  So sit back and relax and let us talk all things autumn in this weeks post!  

We created a magazine style layout, since we got such great feed back on the one from our Pamper My Trip Blogpost, to help guide through the best way to turn up the pamper in celebration for fall!  




1. Re-sole your boots

Investing in quality fall/winter footwear is a great way to pamper your feet.  The best part about getting quality boots is that you rarely have to re-purchase for the next season.  I find that picking out a great pair of flat walking boots, like these beauties from FRYE and a  fashionable pair of black heeled boots like these from Yves Saint Laurent are generally all I need to keep my feet nice and cosy through the winter.  


The wear and tear of winter on boots does take its toll, but visiting your friendly local cobbler and having them re-soled is like putting a fresh coat of paint on drabby, cracking walls.  

2. Drink up! 

Take a look at these two fantastic recipes for that chilly fall day.  






The best thing about this Black Tea Hot Toddy recipe is that when the kids ask what your drinking, you can simply answer "tea"!  The rest of the ingredients will be our little secret ' )

Black Tea Hot Toddy

Tea of choice: 1 bag (I prefer good black tea)
Lemon: for squeezing and 1 slice for garnish
1-2 tbs of good local honey (to taste)
2 oz of bourbon or whiskey
(I prefer Woodford Reserve)
Stick of cinnamon
2-4 cloves (I like to stick them in the floating lemon slices)
Hot Water

Step 1: Combine Ingredients
Step 2: Mix
Step 3: Pamper

This next one is great for the kids to sip on while pumpkin carving.  As a family we always went out to Hanks Pumpkintown, so if you're looking for a little weekend excursion be sure to stop by and tell Hank that Pam sent you :)




Pumpkin Hot Chocolate - 
Recipe & Image from Cookies & Cups

Big thanks to Shelly over at  www.cookiesandcups.com for this recipe.  I would encourage you to take a hop over to this post and read it in full, as she includes an adorable picture of her prom on there as well (long story!).  But, regardless, this is a fantastic recipe - here is the text, for a full spread with step by step pictures, click here.

  • Ingredients

    • 2 1/2 cups milk
    • 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix (no marshmallows)
    • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    • 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
    • pinch of salt
    • whipped cream or marshmallows optional
  • Instructions

    1. In a medium sauce pan over...
    2. Add your canned pumpkin and...
    3. Heat until desired...

3. Time to Wine down!

Let the drinking continue with your favorite glass of red.




My favorite autumnal wine is definitely Sassicaia, I've been drinking it for years.  Trust me, pamper yourself and order a bottle


4. Next up, scents!  In the Pamper My Table post I discussed how important the sense of smell can be to the pampered experience.  When changing your home over for the season, I cannot emphasize the importance of smell enough.  



I am not one for strong sweet smells, so I suggest the gorgeous new French Vanilla Bourbon scented candle from Voluspa.  

We will be including them in our Pamper My Man set, available this holiday season at Pamper My Style - but if you just can't wait, order one through Voluspa today.  Besides, you'll probably burn through this one just in time to replace it with your soon to be available luxury giftset.


5. Texture, Texture, Texture

Another addition to both our Pamper My Man and Pamper My Bedroom giftsets (coming later this fall) will be the beautiful Celine Throw from Sferra.  

If your little feet can wait, I would definitely suggest holding out to order it as part of our sets, since you'll really be getting a deal on ordering all the items together.  The throw is gorgeous, made of highest quality cotton and adds great texture to any room.  



In addition to a luxurious throw, pick up a wonderfully textured pillow.  I love Mongolian sheepskin accent pillows, but velvet is a hot trend right now and Pottery Barn has some great ones in the hot color this fall: cranberry.  Changing up throw pillows is a wonderful way to keep your home up to date and seasonal!  

6.  Last but Not Least - Time to Pamper My Sweater

There seems to be an ENDLESS list of sweaters available for purchase, but again I go with the classics.  These beauties by Ralph Lauren will NEVER go out of style and you know the quality is top notch.  

Ralph Lauren - Cable Knit Shawl Sweater from Macy's  ($350) 
Ralph Lauren - Blue Label Wool-Cashmere Shawl Cardigan from RL.com  ($398.00) 


Take care of them by dry cleaning regularly and they will stay pill-free and pampered for years.  Also, be sure to hang them up folded on a hanger and put a small piece of tissue paper between the fabric and the wood hanger to help deter a pilly-mess even further!  

That's about it for today #pamperedproteges, have a wonderful first weekend of fall and don't forget to pamper yourselves!  



No comments:

Post a Comment