Friday, September 14, 2012

Pamper My Table

Here at Pamper My Style we want to inspire you to pamper all areas of your life.  With the guidance of lifestylist, Pam Pollak - we want to share with you the little tips, tricks and products on how to live life luxuriously.  So, make yourself a cup of your favorite tea, sit back and relax as we journey into the world of all things pampered.


✺ Pamper My Table ✺


With the Jewish holidays fast approaching, I wanted to talk about ways I like to Pamper my Table.  As our new luxury gift set business is developing, one of the areas I am most excited to curate a collection for is the dining room.  Throughout my life the dining room has been a central part of my home.  The importance of having family meals, cooking good food and celebrating special occasions cannot be overstated.  It's truly the environment that makes a house a home.   



So, in an effort to make everyone at your dining table feel pampered and to make what could be a hectic evening run smoothly, I wanted to share a few of my pampered tips!   

I know I have spoken about it before, but the key to creating the perfect pampered experience is reaching all the senses.  What a better place to play with the senses than at a dining table?  Let's go through each of the 5 and discuss tips and tricks for how to reach them in a special way. 

Smell

There is nothing better when you arrive to a friend or family members home for dinner and the smell of whatever is on the menu floats in the air and wraps around you like a warm blanket.  The sense of smell is one of the most vivid receptor connections in our brain and creating a home where beautiful scents linger is so special. 

I was at a friends home recently and she was burning this wonderful candle from Archipelago called Arugula.  If you will be having children over for the holiday, you may want to skip the flame and go with this great diffuser.


Another wonderful way to pamper your nose is by simply cooking good food!  That brings me to the next sense....taste, of course! 

Taste

Here I wanted to share with you a recipe that creates such an unbelievable scent in the home you are likely to have wanderers come in off the street!  The aroma of my Nannie's brisket recipe is one that permeates through every family get together, no matter who is doing the cooking.  

I checked in with my sister Rikki and cousin Lisa to make sure I had all the details right, so here it is.  Sometimes simple foods are really the best, and this brisket is simple, easy and DELICIOUS!  (Click on the picture to print out the recipe)


On to the next sense...

Sight

absolutely love an exquisitely set table.  My move to the Hamptons came with invitations in to homes where I got to see some of the most extravagant and gorgeous settings imaginable.  Here are a few inspiration photos and special accouterments I add to my table setting to really make it pop!  


I am absolutely in love with this dining table by Donna Karan.  It's called Urban Zen and can be used both indoor and outdoor.  

What better way to pamper your guests than with the surprise of a beautifully decorated al-fresco dinner?  You may need a few extra hands for the lifting.  That's where having two sons comes in handy!  

Flowers are such a lovely touch to any table.  For a dinner party, make sure they are small enough that they don't become cumbersome.  You also want them to be low - so guests don't feel restricted in their conversation by their presence.  

Here are some beautiful fall colored arrangements.  Find out more about them on our Pinterest boards


Sound

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sound is something people always underestimate or forget entirely when trying to create the perfect pampered experience.   As discussed  in our Pamper My Picnic post, but here it is again - my trusty wireless/bluetooth BOSE speaker. 

Soundlink, Available at Bose ($349.95)

Not sure what to play?  Check out these Diner Party playlists from House Beautiful for help!


Last, but certainly not least...


Touch

An elegant dinner can meet all of the requirements listed below, but to truly have a pampered dinner - you just have to consider the sense of touch!

Wether it's beautifully designed cutlery, soft supple napkins or elegant and architechtural wine glasses the experience that the body has through it's fingertips it one that will set the tone for the whole experience. 

Here are some products that I use to get that pampered touch! 

What's better than when you are sitting around the dinner table, having a nice long conversation and you can kick your heels off your soar feet and carress your toes with a soft carpet or rug.  The biggest concern with placing a rug under a dining room table is spills, of course.  But, check this out! 

Ruggable has created a removable, washable 2- piece rug system that comes in beautiful patterns and all different sizes.  You just peel the top off the rug, place it in the washing machine and PRESTO - you have a clean, gorgeous carpet!  

  

2 Piece Rug System, Available at Ruggable.com (Starting at $24.95)



When choosing your dinner napkins, consider the feel of the fabric.  Get something a little softer to the touch than your usual napkin and guests will be sure to notice the difference.  I love these: 


Magnetic Myth Napkin, Available at Anthropolgie ($8.00/each)


Thank you for reading and I would love to see everyone's pics from the holiday - or just a random friday night dinner.  Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to pamper yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment