Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pamper My Picnic


Hey Pamper Proteges! 



We here at Pamper My Style want to inspire you to pamper all areas of your life.  With the guidance of lifestylist, Pam Pollak - we want to share with you the little tips, tricks and products on how to live life luxuriously.  So, make yourself a cup of your favorite tea, sit back and relax as we journey into the world of all things pampered.

◆Pamper My Picnic





With my birthday fast approaching, I have been trying to decide the perfect way to spend my special day.  With a summer birthday, I have always associated my special day with time at the beach.  So, this year I thought it would be great to have a beach picnic with some of my closest friends.  The perfect beach picnic requires a good amount of planning so here are some of my favorite tips and products that can help you create your very own perfectly pampered scene.  

...............

Pick out a picnic basket that makes your heart melt! You will have it for a lifetime and it will inspire you to take that beautiful walk in the park or have a romantic evening in your own backyard. 





Here is my picnic basket! I picked it up from English Country Antiques out in The Hamptons about 20 years ago (unfortunately, they no longer carry it).  It has served me and my family well and every summer when I get out of my pantry the memories flood back of all the good times spent around it. 


The perfect basket should have four place settings, a color scheme that speaks to you, good silverware and quality fabric napkins.  


One of my favorite picnic basket has to be this beauty from Williams-Sonoma.  It's on the higher end; but as I mentioned above - this is a purchase you hope to have for a lifetime, so pamper yourself and spend the extra change. 


Wicker Picnic Basket, Available at Williams-Sonoma ($349.95)


We found a great post by Refinery29 on the chic-est baskets on the market.  The Pioneer Basket from Chef's Catalog has a great "Ivy League" feel that is perfect for a fall picnic.
  

Pioneer Picnic Basket, available at Chefs Catalog ($116.95)

...............

These fun accessories will add a pampered touch to any picnic.  

I found these wine stands while researching this post and immediately thought "genius!" 



..............

This great tray from Uncommon Grounds solves the ever-present problem of serving beachside wine and cheese without the sand "seasoning".  
Kudos to the Martha Stewart blog for the tip!


Bamboo Wine Table, Available at Uncommon Goods ($22.00)


Having a picnic for just two (wink, wink!)?  Here is a rustic chic look at how to hold your glasses to avoid the beach curse of sandy wine.

......................

Now for the practical tips! 



For years I always thought paper towels were a must at any picnic.  Then I found these beauties on Etsy and fell in love!
  
What a wonderful green alternative to the ever-present paper good in all our homes.  





Tupperware® makes wonderful small containers that will help you keep the bugs out and pack everything tight and spill proof.  Some baskets come with these type of containers already in them, but these are helpful for extra sides and accoutrements.



Speaking of little creepy-crawlers, bugspray may remind you of sticky legs and smelly boys at camp, but it is a MUST for any evening picnic planning.  Here is a solution that will keep the mosquitos away without all the mess.




Another must for keeping the bugs at bay are citronella candles.  Of course, we can all pick up some OFF® brand solutions in a pinch.  But, why not stock beautiful alternatives like these made to order citronella candles for the next outdoor summer gathering.



Of course, there is the food!  What's a picnic without a little palette pampering?  
Well, for this we decided to keep it local with advice from one of my favorite fellow Hamptoners and a few of her Food Network friends.  



 Ina, I put this section in your capable hands and refer you to this amazing list of picnic recipes. Oh, and when in doubt, there is always Citerella or your local gourmet-to-go shop for easy food prep (but, lets keep this our little secret!).  

Last but not least is the music.  SO important and something so many people miss.  
I recently picked up a wireless Bose speaker and it has changed my outdoor summer experience!  The wonderful sound quality and ease of bluetooth technology keeps any party going.  It's wireless, rechargable and the battery lasts up to 8 hours!  My boys were very impressed with my technological savvy (cool mom points!) and they take it to their surf outings all the time.  





Soundlink, Available at Bose ($349.95)


Not sure what to play?  Check out this great article in NYMagazine of top summer playlists

Whew, that was quite the task!  But, I am hoping that our hard work here at Pamper My Style serves you well and you find these tips and tricks helpful in creating that perfect picnic experience.  Please let us know what you liked, what you loved and what you need more information on.  

Want to know how to pamper an specific area of your life?  
E-mail me at Pam@pampermystyle.com and I'll be sure to add it to the list of topics we post on each week. 

Thanks for reading and Pamper On, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment