Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pamper My Closet


Here at Pamper My Style we want to inspire you to pamper all areas of your life.  With the guidance of lifestylist, Pam Pollak - we  share with you the little tips, tricks and products on how to live life luxuriously.  So, make yourself a cup of your favorite tea, sit back and relax as we journey into the world of all things pampered.

♦Pamper My Closet♦

 It's that time of year....the summer is coming to a reluctant end, days are getting shorter, nights are getting cooler and the smell of Pumpkin Spice Latte's are in the air.  One of my favorite parts of the change of season is clearing out my sandy summer threads and getting the boots, sweaters and scarves out of my vacuum sealed bags.  

In this weeks post is about what I call closet pampering!  You may be thinking, what the heck is that?  Well - I'll tell you.  Here at Pamper My Style, we strive to make every corner of your life filled with more love, care and attention.  That means making something even as menial as choosing your outfit in the morning a pleasant and pampered experience.  So, come along with me as I share with you some of my favorite closet pampering touches and learn how you can wake up and be excited about the start of your day! 

Recently, our Pampered team took a trip to West Hartford Center, CT with Lisa Woodingham of Kimberly Boutique.  Here she  gives us her tips on how she likes to pamper her closet:




The most essential part of pampering any space, in my opinion, is the scent.  Smell is one of the most dynamic and intense senses that we have as humans and surrounding yourself with pleasant scents that nurture your soul is of the upmost importance.  

I have such vivid memories of being a young girl and smelling tearose lotion on my grandmothers skin when she held me close.  To this day, it is an aroma that I absolutely love and try to infuse it anywhere I can in my life.  

I found these beautiful tea rose satchels from Lichen-Z Farm.  They have wonderful scents like Lavender, Chocolate and Pumpkin Spice - so pick a satchel that speaks to you and place it somewhere in your closet.  Every time you open the door, the scent will linger and you will smile (promise!).  It will also lightly infuse your clothes with the scent of your choice and allow you to carry it with you throughout the day!  



Tea Rose Satchel, Available at Lichen-Z Farm ($3.49)


To piggy back off of what Lisa says above - I couldn't agree more....Organize, Organize, Organize!  A neat and tidy closet makes your mornings easy and getting ready a breeze.  

Of course, NO WIRE HANGERS, ladies! Check out some of these great hanger options.  

Bamboo Hangers, Available at Only Hangers (Starting at $61.95 / 25pcs)

Real Simple Hangers, Available at Bed Bath and Beyond ($9.99 / 12 pieces)

Then there is always the question of what to wear.  Here are some of my favorite looks for fall, courtesy of the Pamper My Closet board on Pinterest:



Polyvore is a wonderful resource for putting fun and in-style fall outfits together.  You can buy just the piece, or get the whole look.  It's really a great resource!  


I find it best to buy 3-4 quality staple piece, non-trendy, good quality and pamper yourself with pieces that will never go out of style.  

Then, have some fun with it!  Buy a great scarf, fun pair of flats and - of course- some great jewelry!  You will have the staple pieces for a long time and the fun stuff will keep your look modern and stylish.  I love InterMix for the trendy threads and a classic like Bergdorf Goodman for the staples.  

Most of all, have fun with you style and don't take it too seriously!  Your wardrobe should be reflective of who you are and who you want to be.  It should be a scrapbook of your travels, a collection of memories you hold dear.  

If you want to find out how to pamper a specific area of your life, let me know!  E-mail me: Pam@pampermystyle.com and last but not least "Don't forget to pamper yourself!"

Happy Organizing!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment